The LaDainian Tomlinson Preparatory Academy
LaDainian Tomlinson was recruited and signed by Texas Christian University, where he would become one of the top running backs in college football. Among his many college accolades are: a fourth place finish in the 2000 Heisman Trophy race, the Doak Walker National Running Back Award, the Jim Brown Trophy, WAC Offensive Player of the Year, Football News National Offensive Player of the Year and unanimous All-American honors. In addition, he set a multitude of TCU school records for rushing and scoring.
Selected fifth in the 2001 NFL draft by the San Diego Chargers, Tomlinson began his NFL career with a bang and finished it as the fifth leading rusher in NFL history. In his first eight years in the league, he rushed for over 1,000 yards and scored double-digit touchdowns every season. In 2006, he rushed for 1,815 yards, and racked up an NFL-record 28 rushing touchdowns. That year, he won the NFL rushing title, and was named both the NFL MVP and Associated Press’ Offensive Player of the Year. He won the rushing title again in 2007. He has been selected to play in five pro-bowls, and has been named All-Pro six times throughout his career.
Throughout his career, Tomlinson has remained as devoted off the field as he is on it, giving back whenever and wherever he can. This includes his preparatory academy.
The LaDainian Tomlinson Preparatory Academy believes that athletic performance is but one aspect a student athlete must be proficient in order to achieve excellence. Athletic performance without complete knowledge and understanding of the recruiting and academic requirements can severely hinder progress toward the goal to complete in collegiate athletics. The Academy intends to provide comprehensive education in combination with elite athletic performance instruction in order to allow the student athlete the optimal opportunity for success.
The Academy offers the following services:
- Skills and Drills clinics
- Elite Football Performance clinics
- Individualized performance enhancement training
- Large and small group performance training and education
- Speed enhancement training
- College recruiting seminars and consulting
- Core-class planning, monitoring and management
The goal of the LT Preparatory Academy is to provide athletes and parents alike with the education and guidance required to navigate the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) recruiting process.
The Academy goes far beyond the performance training and collegiate advisory services offered at most facilities.
- SAT/ACT preparation tips and information
- Core course planning and monitoring
- Utilization of software that enables each student and parent to actively plan their core course curriculum, monitor progress and manage their high school career with their college of choice in mind
- Parental engagement
- Comprehensive education for both student-athletes and parents
- Seminars to provide information to parents, allowing them the opportunity to be completely informed about the recruiting process